There are many factors that affect the healing process that we have no control over (i.e how you take care of your brow tattoo, how your skin heals and retains pigment, skin type etc.). There is absolutely no guarantee with healed results.
An additional touch-up is required within 6-12 weeks to achieve optimal healed results. As we use a feathering technique only, the use of brow cosmetics products may still be required to achieve your desired look.
At this time The Brow Babe Studio does not perform corrective work on existing tattoos.
Prices are subject to change at anytime.
You must be 18 years or older to receive this service at The Brow Babe Studio.
Microblading is considered an invasive procedure, as a result you will not be able to donate blood for one year.
As a precaution, we do not perform microblading on pregnant or nursing women.
All appointments require a $100 deposit prior to booking. Deposits are non-refundable but transferable to re-schedule an appointment if 72 hours notice is given. The amount is deducted from the final cost, which is due the day of your service.
As these appointments take considerable time, we require 72 hours of notice to reschedule an appointment. Cancellations with less than 72 hours notice will be charged a $50 fee. If you cancel with less than 24 hours notice the full deposit will be automatically forfeited.
Please contact us if you are not able to make your appointment or if you are running late. We understand unforeseen circumstances happen and we will do our best to accommodate you. Being 20 minutes late may result in a forfeit of your deposit and re-scheduling of your appointment.
The deposit will be forfeited if the client fails to show up to their appointment and an additional $50 fee will be applied to rebook. We respect your time, please respect ours.
pre & post care
Booked in? Ready to take the plunge? Take a quick look at how to prepare leading up to your microblading appointment and the proper care you will need to follow through with afterwards.
- Bring along any reference photos if you have an ideal brow shape or colour in mind. While we generally will work around your natural brow as much as possible it helps us get on the same page.
- If you fill in your brows on a day-to-day basis, come with them filled in so we can take into consideration the shape you desire.
- If you normally have your brows shaped and waxed, please book to have this done at least 3 days before your appointment.
- Avoid tanning beds or any sun exposure for 30 DAYS before and after. Any hot vacations need to be avoided for 14 days after the procedure and great precaution must be taken to keep the brows protected in the sun. We will not work on sunburnt skin and any sunburns post-treatment will cause the skin to shed prematurely and result in the loss of pigment.
- It is required that you avoid any blood-thinning medication for a minimum 72 hours prior to your appointment. This includes Vitamin E, Aspirin, Niacin, fish oil supplements and Ibuprofen.
- No alcohol the night before or the day of your appointment and it is recommended that you limit the amount of caffeine you consume.
- You MUST wait at least one year before considering this procedure if you have been on prescription Accutane.
- Immediately following your procedure you will need to begin applying aftercare balm to your brows 2-3 times per day for the next week. Never let your brows feel tight or completely dry as hydration is key.
- Flaking and crusting will occur as the skin heals. You will need to refrain from touching your brows during this time as picking at them may cause a loss of pigment and scarring.
- You will not be able to use any makeup in your brow area during the initial healing time.
- During the healing process you will need to avoid direct water on the brow area. Also, avoid pools, jacuzzis, excess-sweating, saunas and botox for a minimum of 10 days.
- No tanning or direct sun exposure for 10 days. Avoid up to the next 30 days if possible.
- Any facial products containing Retin-A, AHA or any kind of skin peel may not be used, as they will fade and possibly distort the procedure area.
- Sun block should always be applied. (SPF 60 is recommended). As well, a hat and/or sunglasses should be worn for the first few days if sun exposure is longer than 30 minutes.
- You will be able to return to your daily routine immediately following the procedure.